DNA video – a great summary for iGCSE Biologists

Advertisements

2 comments

    • Paul Gillam

      Well the answer to this is quite complex…. The problem is this. We know that less than 2% of the human genome codes for protein. So what does the other 98% do? Some of it is involved in the control sequences that tell the cell which genes to read and when, but that probably still leaves around 80% with no known function. Is this “junk DNA” just hitching a ride alongside successful genes? Or does it play a function as yet unknown…. There is still loads for scientists to work out when it comes to DNA – it is a new and constantly changing science. That’s what makes it so exciting!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s